Monday, November 15, 2010

My Superhero

Last night, my youngest daughter and I had a cute conversation. She asked if I would save her from monsters when we were going to bed. I said I would, but that there aren't any. She told me I was too little to save her from monsters, but that Daddy could do it. Since Daddy wasn't with us, I told her that he taught me how to take care of the monsters before he left. She looked at me and said, "Oh, you a Super Hero?" I smiled and said, "Yes, I'm a Super Hero."

That was all it took to help her feel safe. I didn't have to prove that I have super powers. She just trusted me.



Today, I was thinking about how cute that was and I started thinking about how I wish I had super powers for real. I know that I can't just tell clients or potential clients that I'm a Super Agent and they will trust me. I can't sit back and do nothing and be a Super Agent to them. I have to prove myself. I have to strut my super powers throughout the buying and selling process, vanquishing "monsters" that rear their ugly heads during the transaction and escrow period, all the way through closing. Sometimes, my powers become apparent after closing, too. I'm always being tested to maintain Super Agent status.

I think that's how life is in most aspects. Not so innocent or as trustworthy as a small child just believing in her mother. We can be all sorts of "Super" in life. What are you super at, and how do you prove yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment