Monday, February 28, 2011

The Future is Here

Whether we like it or not, change is inevitable. The real estate industry is not exempt from that. While the meat and potatoes of selling homes is still the same (make an offer, negotiate, agree, sign, and buy & sell), the way we do our jobs is continuing to change.

I recently signed up for Docusign, which is an online way to sign documents. The days of having to run all over town to sign documents are nearly over. If my client has a computer and an email address, they can sign on the computer! Now, there aren't too many of us in this area that do this, but it's a real advantage. My clients love it!

I try to stay on top of the new technology as much as possible. And, while I don't know everything, I do realize that times are changing. My clients use text messaging, email, and the internet for the most part. I still like to have the face-to-face contact and the personal phone calls, but we are increasingly moving away from information that requires long amounts of time to relay.

I believe that we'll see a shift in the types of agents still practicing their craft within a 5-year period. As it becomes more of an edge for an agent to use technology, those that aren't willing or able to change with the times will fade away. Those of us who are different and open to change will steam roll ahead of the competition by offering our clients what they want.



If you want an agent who sets herself apart from the rest and has resources available that make the home buying and selling process easier and more streamlined, call me today. I am here to help you and am almost always available. Visit my website at www.BuyHendersonKYHomes.com to see all the ways I stay connected and to view homes in your desired area.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, thanks for sharing your experience with DocuSign!

    I was a bit fast on the "Post Comment" button!

    When you get a chance, come join us on the DocuSign Community - it's a customer to customer community for you to share your thoughts, questions and experiences with DocuSign. We have a team participating there as well.

    Hope to see you online sooner, rather than later!

    An - DocuSign Social Media
    http://community.docusign.com

    ReplyDelete