Sunday, May 1, 2011

QR Codes in Marketing Real Estate

If any of you grab the Henderson Homes magazine and flip it open to see my ad, you'll see a wierd barcode-like square plastered on my page. This is a QR Code. If you pull up to a house I have listed and pull out a flyer, you'll see one of those wierd square things on my flyers as well. This is called a QR Code and it's something I do because I think it's value-added for the way technology is advancing today. You don't see other REALTORS in Henderson doing it right now, at least none that I can think of, and that's good for me. While most people may not know what that square-thingy is or does, those who do will appreciate that it's there.

A QR Code enables anyone with a smartphone to download an app from their app store for free(I suggest an app made specificially for QR Codes) and scan this square. Once scanned, the barcodes contains information to take you to a website or other type of media that enables you to interact with the product or service or brand that is being advertised.

In the case of my Homes Magazine ad, when you scan my QR Code, it will take you to my mobile website where you can find any home listed in the area. It even works for Evansville, Newburgh, etc. areas. It also has a cool GPS feature that tells you where homes are located for sale within a 10 mile radius of your location. If you scan the ones on my flyers, it takes you to that home's virtual tour where you get to see in vivid detail, the inside of the home you are sitting outside of. I think this is all pretty cool.

If you want to know a little more about QR Codes, visit Mashable and read this short article on what a QR Code is and who is using them.

Check out one of my QR Codes as well! If you are looking to buy a home, this is a great tool. If you're looking to sell one, this is another marketing tool I use to put your home in front of buyers. Call me to schedule a listing presentation to show you this and other things I do to give you the edge in marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment